We’re very pleased to finally announce the project we’ve been working on : ‘Spiral’, an episodic action adventure game for iOS using the Unreal Engine.
We’re at GDC this week presenting a demo to the press, so feel free to grab us for some hands on time with the game if you spot us running around!
Full Press Release and images below:
Spiral Brings Episodic Action, Adventure and Intrigue to iOS
GUILDFORD, ENGLAND, March 5, 2012 –Developer Pixel Hero Games are excited to announce the launch of what will undoubtedly be a milestone in iOS episodic gaming. Using the power of Epic’s Unreal Engine 3 to combine high quality, console level production values with an intuitive and accessible interface, ‘Spiral’ will allow players to navigate and explore detailed 3D environments, taking part in spectacular action set pieces, as well as battling enemies using a unique, context sensitive combat system.
Cast into the last, multi-layered metropolis of a dying world, the player assumes the role of ‘Tempus’ – an investigator suffering from strange dreams. While trying to figure out the link between the deadly ‘Spiral’ disease afflicting the population and the increasing violence and instability occurring around him, Tempus becomes the center of an underground plot that threatens the entire world around him.
- Advanced, console quality graphics.
- A unique touch screen interaction system that allows the player full control over movement and character abilities.
- An epic and engaging storyline, presented in a series of episodes.
- Advanced 3D combat, puzzles and exploration.
- Players will be able to evolve their character, learning powerful new skills and abilities.
- A secondary Arena Mode, inviting players to complete challenges for more experience.
- A cloud based save system allowing players to pick up where they left off on any device.
For more information about Spiral, please stay tuned to www.spiralthegame.com
The first episode of ‘Spiral’ is expected to release in Q4 2012, with pricing to be confirmed soon.
About Pixel Hero Games
Pixel Hero is a small independent studio based in the heart of Guildford. Drawing from previous experience working at studios such as Kuju, Argonaut, Smartbomb Interactive, Novarama, and Doublesix, ‘Spiral’ is Pixel Hero’s first project, exclusively targeting touch screen devices. Pixel Hero Games is dedicated to producing the highest quality digital download content possible. For more information, please visit www.pixelherogames.com
For press inquiries please contact: